Spring is here! Vacation season is right around the bend! Time to start planning those trips! And remember that packing doesn't have to be a pain. Some experts have put out a list of things to leave at home!
Things you should never pack for a vacation include:
- Your best jewelry – They’ll likely get lost or damaged in your suitcase. Stick to costume jewelry.
- Backup toiletries – One of everything is plenty.
- A heavy jacket – Unless you’re vacationing in frigid temps, a light jacket and layers will suffice.
- Multiple pairs of jeans – Just pack your favorite pair, multiple pairs will be heavy and take up too much space.
- An extra pair of heels – You really should bring only one neutral pair that matches everything.
- Your hairdryer – Most hotels and Air BNBs have them.
- Full bottles of medication – Leave the bottles at home, and just bring what you need in a plastic bag.
- Your tablet – Just use your phone, and save some space.
- Shampoo & Conditioner – Hotels always have free shampoo and conditioner, and if you don’t like it you can always buy something at the local pharmacy or store.
- Your laptop – If you’re traveling for fun and not work, why drag it along.
- Multiple purses – Find one bag that’s good for day and night and leave the rest at home.
- A statement piece – If something isn’t going to match everything else in your bag, it’s taking up too much space.